If you live in or near South Kingstown, RI, you may be wondering whether or not your adult children can stay on your auto insurance policy. As more adult children move back home, it becomes a question many people have. At Capalbo Insurance Group LLC, our team can answer that question and many others. We are an independent agency and can offer more choices than a captive agency.
Can adult children remain on their parents’ auto policy?
With more and more adult children opting to return to the nest, many parents are asking questions about having their adult children on their auto insurance. The answer is yes; as long as their permanent address is your home, they can be listed on your auto insurance policy. When it gets a little tricky is when your kids become young adults and move off to college.
You want them to be able to stay on your policy because, for the most part, you can afford better protection than they can and they may be using your vehicle. The key to making this work is to make sure that, even though they live away from home, they don’t change their permanent address. Many college kids do come home to chill during the summer and, so that isn’t a stretch, they still live part of the year at home.
Life has gotten even more complicated with the number of parents who are moving in with their adult children. It has really become a family affair. Be sure to list all the drivers who use your vehicles on a regular basis on the policy, and that should allow you to be one big happy auto insurance family.
Contact Us Today
Give Capalbo Insurance Group LLC in South Kingston, RI a call or stop by our office for a no-obligation quote.
Did you know that most businesses are not adequately insured? In fact, a lot of business owners don’t even realize they need commercial insurance until it’s too late. That’s where we come in.
There are a lot of things that commercial insurance can cover, but some of the most important ones include liability insurance, property damage, and workers’ compensation. Capalbo Insurance Group LLC can help you get the right coverage for your South Kingstown, RI business so you can rest assured knowing that you and your employees are protected in case of an emergency.
Commercial Insurance Coverages
Liability insurance is one of the most important types of coverage that businesses should have. It can help protect you in case someone gets injured on your property or if you are sued for damages. Capalbo Insurance Agency LLC can help you get the right liability insurance for your business so you can rest assured knowing that you are protected in case of an accident.
Workers’ compensation is another important type of coverage that businesses should have. It can help protect employees in case they are injured on the job. Capalbo Insurance Agency LLC can help you get the right workers’ compensation insurance for your business so you can rest assured knowing that your employees are protected in case they get hurt.
Give Us A Call
No one can predict when an emergency will happen, but with the right commercial insurance coverage, you and your employees will be protected in case something does happen. Contact Capalbo Insurance Group LLC today to get a free quote. We proudly serve the South Kingstown, RI area.
At Capalbo Insurance Group LLC, serving the greater South Kingstown, RI region, we provide home insurance to residents in Rhodes Island. We also want to provide tips to help protect your home. When a storm is headed your way, it’s important to take precautions.
Here are a few tips to help you protect your home before a storm:
1. Trim trees and shrubs so they don’t damage the roof or windows during a storm.
2. Make sure your roof is in good condition and that the shingles are secure – a strong storm could easily blow them off.
3. Check your windows and doors to ensure they are sealed properly and won’t let in any water. You may also want to cover them with plywood, depending on the intensity of the storm.
4. If you have a generator, make sure it’s in working order and has enough fuel to last through the storm in case power goes out.
5. If you have a backyard pool, make sure to cover it to prevent any storm damage or foreign objects from flying into it.
6. Put all your important belongings and documents in a safe place, such as a waterproof storage container or fireproof safe.
7. Charge your mobile devices so that you’ll be able to stay connected even if the power goes out.
8. Stock up on enough food and water for at least three days in case you are unable to leave your home for a while.
9. Fill up some jugs with fresh water. You can also fill the bathtub up if needed.
Get The Right Coverage For Your Home
Preparing for a storm is an important step in keeping your home and belongings safe. By following these simple tips, you can help minimize the potential damage and keep yourself and your family safe during severe weather. For more insurance advice, call Capalbo Insurance Group LLC today. We proudly serve the South Kingstown, RI area.