When you have a mortgage on your home, your lender makes sure that you carry insurance on the property. The bank has a vested interest in making sure that if anything happens, it can recover from the loss. If you are lucky enough to pay off your South Kingstown, RI home entirely, you may be wondering if it is worth it to continue to carry the same level of coverage as before. At Capalbo Insurance Group LLC, we will help you look at your risks and options so you can make an informed decision.
Rhode Island does not require you to carry homeowners insurance by law. However, if you decide not to carry insurance, you are assuming the risks yourself. If you suffer any losses, you will have to pay for them out of your own pocket.
Typically, your homeowners’ policy covers:
- dwelling coverage, which protects your house in case of fire or other events;
- coverage for the other structures on your property, such as a garage or yard barn;
- protection for all the items that make your house a home, such as furniture, carpeting, curtains, and large and small appliances;
- electronics, such as TVs, stereo systems, computers, and even cell phones; and
- personal items, such as clothing, books, and jewelry.
Your South Kingstown, RI homeowners insurance also offers liability protection in case someone is injured on your property. That includes potential medical bills and even legal representation if there is a claim. Also, if you are temporarily without a home while waiting for repairs or rebuilding, your insurance will help pay for temporary housing and food.
Schedule A Consultation Today
Don’t make any snap decisions without speaking to Capalbo Insurance Group LLC. We will help you find a policy that only covers what you need.
Buying a home? Congratulations! One of the most important decisions you’ll make during the home purchasing process is choosing a provider for your homeowner’s insurance policy. At Capalbo Insurance Agency LLC in South Kingstown, RI, we’re here to provide you with the information you need to choose the right homeowner’s insurance provider for your needs.
Three Questions to Ask Before Choosing a Home Insurance Provider
1. How quickly are you able to turn around claims?
In the event that you need to make a claim with your homeowner’s insurance company, you’ll want to know that you’re able to get the resources you need to repair your home. Choosing a home insurance company that can turn claims around quickly can help you rest assured that you won’t be left hanging in the event that you need to make a claim.
2. Do you offer claim services around the clock?
Emergencies are rarely convenient, and you want to know that you’re able to contact your homeowner’s insurance company right away. Be sure to ask the companies you’re considering what process you’ll need to follow to make a claim.
3. Do you inspect the property before offering an insurance policy?
You’ll want to look for a company that does its due diligence, providing you with premiums based on your property. When your insurance company inspects your home prior to offering a policy, you’ll know that they pay attention to the details that matter.
Searching for a home insurance provider? We can help!
At Capalbo Insurance Agency LLC in South Kingstown, RI, we’re here to answer all of your questions about how we can help you rest assured that your home is protected. Reach out to us today to learn more.
When you choose your home insurance, you probably feel invincible. Nothing can happen to your home that you aren’t prepared for. This is not totally correct; like most insurance, home insurance has exclusions, things that it doesn’t cover. At Capalbo Insurance Group LLC in South Kingston, RI we try to make sure that all of our customers understand what their home insurance covers and what it doesn’t.
Home Insurance Exclusions
Earth movement covers a variety of different events including but not limited to earthquakes, sinkholes, mudslides, landslides, and subsidence. All of these can cause catastrophic damage to your home. If you live in an area where any of these is a possibility, it is important to consider adding this coverage in the form of a rider or an additional policy to make sure you are protected.
Floods that come from groundwater or are not covered under a traditional home policy. If your home is flooded by a broken pipe, this is covered. Floods are very damaging, and every year more and more places flood due to rising water levels. Flood insurance is sold by the federal government through insurance agents. If there is any potential for your home to be damaged by flooding, you should get this important coverage. It doesn’t take much water to cause a lot of damage.
As a homeowner, it is your responsibility to maintain the condition of your home. This means that you need to make sure that termites aren’t destroying your home, that mice are not infecting it, and that your roof gets replaced before it allows your interior to be damaged. Your insurance company can require you to do the necessary repairs if they discover that you are not maintaining your home.
We Can Help!
Contact Capalbo Insurance Group LLC in South Kingston, RI to discuss your home insurance needs.
At Capalbo Insurance Group LLC, serving the greater South Kingstown, RI region, we provide home insurance to residents in Rhodes Island. We also want to provide tips to help protect your home. When a storm is headed your way, it’s important to take precautions.
Here are a few tips to help you protect your home before a storm:
1. Trim trees and shrubs so they don’t damage the roof or windows during a storm.
2. Make sure your roof is in good condition and that the shingles are secure – a strong storm could easily blow them off.
3. Check your windows and doors to ensure they are sealed properly and won’t let in any water. You may also want to cover them with plywood, depending on the intensity of the storm.
4. If you have a generator, make sure it’s in working order and has enough fuel to last through the storm in case power goes out.
5. If you have a backyard pool, make sure to cover it to prevent any storm damage or foreign objects from flying into it.
6. Put all your important belongings and documents in a safe place, such as a waterproof storage container or fireproof safe.
7. Charge your mobile devices so that you’ll be able to stay connected even if the power goes out.
8. Stock up on enough food and water for at least three days in case you are unable to leave your home for a while.
9. Fill up some jugs with fresh water. You can also fill the bathtub up if needed.
Get The Right Coverage For Your Home
Preparing for a storm is an important step in keeping your home and belongings safe. By following these simple tips, you can help minimize the potential damage and keep yourself and your family safe during severe weather. For more insurance advice, call Capalbo Insurance Group LLC today. We proudly serve the South Kingstown, RI area.