At Capalbo Insurance Agency LLC, serving the greater South Kingstown, RI region, we provide home insurance to residents in Rhodes Island. We also want to provide tips to help protect your home. When a storm is headed your way, it’s important to take precautions.
Here are a few tips to help you protect your home before a storm:
1. Trim trees and shrubs, so they don’t damage the roof or windows during a storm.
2. Make sure your roof is in good condition and that the shingles are secure – a strong storm could easily blow them off.
3. Check your windows and doors to ensure they are sealed properly and won’t let in any water. You may also want to cover them with plywood, depending on the intensity of the storm.
4. If you have a generator, make sure it’s in working order and has enough fuel to last through the storm in case power goes out.
5. If you have a backyard pool, make sure to cover it to prevent any storm damage or any foreign objects from flying into it.
6. Put all your important belongings and documents in a safe place, such as a waterproof storage container or fireproof safe.
7. Charge your mobile devices so that you’ll be able to stay connected even if the power goes out.
8. Stock up on enough food and water for at least three days, in case you are unable to leave your home for a while.
9. Fill up some jugs with fresh water. You can also fill the bathtub up if needed.
Get The Right Coverage For Your Home
Preparing for a storm is an important step in keeping your home and belongings safe. By following these simple tips, you can help minimize the potential damage and keep yourself and your family safe during severe weather. For more insurance advice, call Capalbo Insurance Agency LLC today. We proudly serve the South Kingstown, RI area.